The LifeCipher 360 “Health and Mental Wellness” program aims to improve child health and mental wellness for the youth of the community by focusing on the health and wellness of the whole child and includes mental health awareness and coaching, physical health and fitness, and integrative nutrition education.
Child Health is defined as a state of complete physical, mental, intellectual, social and emotional well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Child health is supported through health education, nutrition, and physical activity. Chronic disease and illness are significantly reduced, as healthy children are more likely to reach their fullest potential. Wellness is a dynamic process of change and growth, becoming aware of, and making choices towards a healthy and fulfilling life.
Wellness is Important: Maintaining an optimal level of wellness is absolutely crucial to live a higher quality life. Wellness matters. Wellness matters because everything we do and every emotion we feel relates to our well-being. In turn, our well-being directly affects our actions and emotions. It’s an ongoing cycle. Therefore, it is important for everyone to achieve optimal wellness in order to subdue stress, reduce the risk of illness and ensure positive interactions.
Dimensions to Wellness: there are eight dimensions of wellness with each being interrelated and equally important in achieving optimal health. The dimensions of wellness are:
- Emotional Wellness: relates to understanding your feelings and coping effectively with stress. Encourages self-care, relaxation, stress reduction, and inner growth.
- Physical Wellness: promotes proper care of our bodies for optimal health and functioning. Encourages the balance of physical activity, nutrition, and mental wellness.
- Social Wellness: helps you perform social roles effectively and comfortably. Involves building healthy and supportive relationships and connection with those around you.
- Occupational Wellness: enjoying occupational endeavors and appreciating your contributions. Encourages personal satisfaction and enrichment.
- Environmental Wellness: Encourages you to respect the balance between the environment and yourself. Showing respect for all living things in our world.
- Financial Wellness: Involves learning how to successfully manage financial expenses.
- Intellectual Wellness: Involves having an open mind when you encounter new ideas and continuing to expand your knowledge in scholastic, cultural and community activities.
- Spiritual Wellness: being connected to something greater than yourself and having a set of values, principles, morals and beliefs that provide a sense of purpose to life.