We are all aware that exercise is an important part of staying fit and healthy, however, let’s not forget about the importance of a good stretch.
STRETCHING is an important part of your daily routine. Stretching regularly helps to strengthen your muscles, improve your blood flow, circulation, flexibility, and mobility. It is also known to decrease stress, increase energy levels, enhance your range of motion, and improve your coordination. In other words, it keeps you nice and healthy.
🌟 Below is a simple stretching routine that can be done daily 🌟 (Pictures are provided if you need some guidance).
- 1- Neck Stretch (hold for 10 seconds – both sides and forward)
- 2- Shoulder Rotation (10x each direction)
- 3- Arm Rotations (10x each direction)
- 4- Arm Swings (5x each arm)
- 5- Wrist Circles (10 x each direction)
- 6- Side Bend (hold for 30 seconds – both sides)
- 7- Forward Bend (hold for 30 seconds)
- 8- Hip Circles (5x each direction)
- 9- Seated Hamstring Stretch (hold for 30 seconds – both sides)
- 10- Seated Forward Bend (hold for 30 seconds)
- 11- Butterfly Stretch (hold for 30 seconds)
- 12- V-Crunch (hold position for 30 seconds)
- 13- Plank (hold position for 30 seconds)
- 14- Cobra (hold position for 30 seconds)
- 15- Child’s Pose Stretch (hold position for 30 seconds)
✨✨✨ Hold each stretch for 10-30 seconds (as instructed). DO NOT bounce when stretching (as this can cause injury). When stretching, it is normal to feel muscle tension but not pain. If stretching becomes painful, STOP stretching and tell an adult. Always get permission from an adult before engaging in any exercise/stretching routine.✨✨✨
❤️ JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE AWESOME ❤️
Candice A. Lawrence